In some homes you might have the land line socket ready for the operator to connect the service, but that doesnt mean you have the land line service enabled. If you dont have the land line service enabled the device will detect the line but you will still not be able to make any calls with it since you don't have the service contract with your local phone operator. You don't need the land line service to use Sype with your home phone. In cases when you dont have the service enabled simply don't even connect the cable to the land line socket.
Articles in this section
- I have forgotten my username/password to login. How do I reset it?
- I am having trouble accessing FREETALK® Connect•Me configuration interface on my Windows based computer. What do I do?
- I am using a Mac and cannot find the device using the instructions I received. What do i do?
- During the setup wizard, FREETALK® Connect•Me informed me that my landline is not available. Is this a problem?
- While setting up the device in the Setup Wizard, my phone line was found, but I am still unable to use it. Why?
- I have forgotten my Skype name and/or password. What do I do?
- Freetalk Connect•Me is not appearing in uPnP devices on Windows XP
- I cannot see caller ID
- My FREETALK® Connect•Me is not allowing me to call anyone. What is going on?
- Why do I hear an ERROR notice when I am dialing?